Welcome to our third season of Farmers’ Dinners…
Back by popular demand!
The inspiration for this menu is solely based on what we have grown here, on our own farm, just steps from our gardens and pastures. The vegetables are grown by our gardener and Bo Salem, the herbs are grown by John Salem and the beef is raised by David Salem. Your dinner is prepared by Chef Laurent and his staff who would love to share tips on their cooking with you. Feel free to join in, ask questions or just meet some new people. We look forward to sharing some great dinners with you at this new dinner series. We’ll see you in the garden!
Click here for our brochure.
Check back later in the summer to see what culinary delights our chef, and nature, bring us.
We would post a menu sooner but since we are at the mercy of the seasons, Mother Nature Rules!
August 25 SOLD OUT!!! – featuring local farm raised chicken (menu below)
September 15 – featuring Salem Cross Farm’s pasture raised beef.
$62 including tax and gratuity. ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
2016 Farmer’s Menu – September 15
In the Yard:
- Mini Salem Cross Farm’s Burger with a sage red pepper coulis and melted Robinson Farm Prescott Cheese
- Tomato basil mozzarella skewers with a balsamic drizzle
- Eggplant paté on toasted pita
- House cured gravalax and a dab of dill crème fraîche on toasted brioche
- Pate a choux with creamy herb cheese
- Herb harvest cheese spread & Salem Cross Inn’s famous cheese spread with crackers & garden vegetables
Cool Refreshing Drinks…
- Fresh squeezed lemonade or Hibiscus iced tea
In the Barn:
- Spinach & feta strudel with toasted pine nuts, chives and a mornay sauce
- Red, green and freckled lettuces, carrots, tomato, shallots, tossed with a savory herb Dijon vinaigrette\
- Homemade butternut squash muffins and herbed biscuits served with herbed butter
- Salem Cross Farm pasture raised beef short ribs slowly cooked in a rich burgundy red wine sauce
- Traditional gratin potato with rosemary and thyme
- Roasted parsnips, turnips, carrots, green beans & brussel sprouts with bacon
- Apple Tarte Tatin with lavender whipped cream and a caramel garnish
*This menu is subject to change because, you know…Mother Nature rules!
Order tickets using our online form or call Salem Cross Inn at (508) 867-2345.
(If there are no dates to choose from in the dropdown it means the function has been sold out or is not yet available.)